DIYHiFi.org

For the sake of audio
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:38 am 

"...The ES9023 has a buffer at it's output, 15K would normally be "I think" "an easy load". I modded another UAE23 this evening, it too crackles if I have the master gain at over ~65% or so in the Jriver mixer -- I am feeding this at 24/96. I doubt anything done after the DAC would help. The USB isolator DOES lower the noise_floor, at least my fiber optic ones do. ..."

Snicker, snicker ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm 

JDC wrote:
I modded another UAE23 this evening, it too crackles if I have the master gain at over ~65% or so in the Jriver mixer -- I am feeding this at 24/96.

Snicker, snicker ...

:mad: :hmm: :club: :razz: :huh: :finga: ;) :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :banghead: :yahoo: :P :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wtf:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm 

Looks like the designer has caught on:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital- ... ost3338816

j ask the question to hifimediy, they told me :

"You could add an external potmeter to reduce the gain. Or a single resistor. Or install a resistor R3 on the DAC. The value needed is not mentioned in es9023 datasheet, so you would have to experiment to find a good value."

Let's see how long before they figure out the clock! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hi,

JDC wrote:
Looks like the designer has caught on:

"You could add an external potmeter to reduce the gain. Or a single resistor. Or install a resistor R3 on the DAC. The value needed is not mentioned in es9023 datasheet, so you would have to experiment to find a good value."

Loblocks like they say on planet anagramia!

The resistor value is clearly stated in the datasheet. They just cannot read the bleedin thing and can do no more than rip off schematics published on the internet.

Un-f.c.uk-ing believable...

Well, as they say, Telemachus sneezed and Atlas shrugged...

Ciao T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 pm 

Hi,

Kuei Yang Wang wrote:
Well, as they say, Telemachus sneezed and Atlas shrugged...

Okay, my naim is neither Telemachus or Atlas. :hello:

And I think it need to be said. The going ons over at the pub are disgraceful. :club:

On one had they provide a sales forum and free advertising opportunity for chinese Kopy-Mao's who in turn rip off the designs of others, do so badly and deliver defective goods to the diya community, directly and intentionally supported and non even step up to help the community members that are stuck with defective rubbish. :sick:

On the other hand many who have or still share freely and without commercial intent their work but where this work seems (even if in reality it does not) goes against the prevailing orthodoxy or simply rubs up one of the head cheeses wrongly is set upon by the usual pack of lackeys (Caledonii Pejorative, Terreo Sonus Islamicus, Frutex, Silvaticus Britannicus, Homo Gallico Abiectus and Litoralis come to mind) on the bidding of Villanus Iacobus who seems to have way too much spare time from running his little protection racket in the chemical industry. :mod:

It seems indeed that especially Litoralis seeks to ingratiate himself buy going among others ruthlessly after John Curl, citing in every second post his amazing MC Pre-Pre, which was published only once, in the LETTERS section of Wireless World and which is basically identical with commercial product that JC designed long before him. Even worse, the irony seems to be lost on Litoralis. :mad:

The happenings are most egregious and I am struggling to find verbiage adequate to the task of describing this.

I have been known to describe a certain personality in British audio (he heads up a manufacturer) as low enough to walk under snake wearing a top-hat. If so indeed, those lower lifeforms over there may just be able to see his warty and hairy gonads hanging in their sky like sun and moon having a rare joint outing, if they use a very large telescope and look straight up... :tease:

Ciao T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 pm 

T -

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think... :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm 

And I thought it was just me..........................

BTW, I do have that data sheet, and yes, it clearly states values, based on Vcc. I guess they can't really read English.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm 

Oh the NDA... So you could make poor designs and noone would point out thay you are @#$@. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm 

b b b bw bwh bwh bhwhah ha aha HAHAHAHAH ha ah ha aha aa ... :rotfl:

T you're too much! Funny AND clever! ... ya, tell us how you REALLY feel! Geeez, no wonder you get banned ... :grin:

I swear you and Jocko should do a stand up routine before big audio electronics conventions. Take some obvious pot-shots at the bigwigs and then a subtle technical critique for "those in the know"!

Attachment:
StatlerWaldorf.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 pm 

:finga: :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:31 am 

Hi JDC,

JDC wrote:
I swear you and Jocko should do a stand up routine before big audio electronics conventions. Take some obvious pot-shots at the bigwigs and then a subtle technical critique for "those in the know"!

Well, back in the 1980's when I was Sound Engineer, MC and DJ in former communist East Germany I did incorporate quite a few very small stand up routines into my act and I did a few Potshots at the bigwigs and stuff... They usually hit quite well. One or two too well maybe... :lol:

Might have to work with Jocko though, then again, we can be like the two Ronnies, he can do the straight guy routine, I do the funny one... :mad: :worried:

Like here in: "My Blackberry is frozen":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

Ciao T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm 

Quote:
... Essentially, best discard anything from this source as highly suspect. Starting with his philosophy on audio (which can be in most aspects proven wrong from extant research without effort) ...

I am very interested in subjective vs objective audio evaluation, blind testing, audio cabling and similar audiophilea hokuspokus. Could you provide some links on the topics, which counter/prove wrong nwavguy´s blog entries regarding his audio philosophy?