DIYHiFi.org

For the sake of audio
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:18 am 
Benjamin

Quote:
This is for Roy Estrada, wherever he is:
Wanna, wanna enema.

Guilty of hot soapy water in the first degree.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:00 pm 
Sheep

Kuei Yang Wang wrote:
Hi,

Jocko Homo wrote:
Quote:
Guido Tent has a clock business,

Guido makes a living as lecturer at a University. Seems selling clocks pays worse than teaching.

Well, Mr.T does what he does when it comes to Phools...

Ciao T

University pays well, but hit is not the majority of my income, I am a part time lecturer. Grimm Audio and Tentlabs pay the bills.

best

Guido

Guido

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:21 pm 
Benjamin

Well, some genius, over at The Pub, posted this:

Quote:
I still am not convinced that the close in phase noise is a significant culprit for audio performance.

I'm convinced you are a vastly-overrated blowhard. Stick to designing amps, or preamps, or whatever it is that you are supposed to be good at.

There, I said it. Deal with it.

And anyone who wants to debate me about this subject, blow it out your @$$. I am tired of trying to educate you people. Only to be mocked and ridiculed by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Oh, and one minor point.................

You can run an SC-cut, without an oven. It will not affect close-in noise. Don't tell me otherwise, because I know it can be done.

Granted, it may not be the best way to do things. Just don't tell me that it can't work.

OK, maybe for the applications that it is intended for...............................

(Which is to say something other than audio.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:04 pm 
Benjamin

"Gee, Jocko, you sound kinda mad today. What gives?"

Well, when a certain person, on more than one occasion makes comments like "we don't know who this guy is" and "how do we know his measurements are any good", wouldn't you take exception?

First, it doesn't matter who I am. No, I have not appeared in any "peer-reviewed journals", because I have no use, or faith in, peer-reviewed journals. So, if the only reason one should take what I say seriously is because I engage in mental masturbation, in some academic wanking society, well, that is your problem, not mine.

Second, if you want to doubt my measurements, fine. Go screw yourself.

But if you want to slag my measurements, then what about the ones for that clock the other DIYers are all falling for? Where are its measurements? And how do we know they are legit?

So, tell your buddies (even if they are not really your buddies) to put up ALL of their measurements, for ALL of their crap, in a manner that EVERYONE can see them.

I have. (And then you slag them, because you have.) Put theirs up. Let's see how great their crap is.

Then we can have an honest debate. My guess is they won't, or will hide them from plain view. ("We can't let that guy on here................he is crazy!")

There, I said that, too. Deal with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28