DIYHiFi.org

For the sake of audio
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 am 
Muriel

1 - You shall not try to prove theories. Theories are made to be disproved whereas theorems are made to be proved.

2 - You shall not make anyone as an idol for his/her scientific achievements. Doing so will make you incapable of seeing any of his/her mistakes.

3 - You shall not abuse political powers in conducting scientific research. The abuse of political power will corrupt you, as well as your science.

4 - You shall not limit yourself to the narrow confines of a specialized field of study. The broader your background, the better your ideas will be.

5 - You shall not be distracted from your science by mathematics. Abusing the power of mathematics will do you more harm than good by giving you a false sense of security.

6 - You shall not discard data that do not support your favourite theory. Doing so will violate the Commandment Number 1.

7 - You shall not believe everything written in textbooks and taught by professors. Believe only those which you understood with your own brain.

8 - You shall not steal the ideas of your colleagues. Doing so is the quickest path to sullying your name.

9 - You shall not criticize others without full understanding of what others are saying. Critiques with misunderstanding and prejudice have no value.

10 - You shall not envy a colleague's good fortune or talent. Envy will lead to anger which in turn will ruin your judgment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 am 
Board jester

I like Murphy' s Law better.

But I can't find the paper....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 am 
Muriel

Elso,

Elso Kwak wrote:
I like Murphy' s Law better.

But I can't find the paper....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Would that be old Sean Murphy, often seen in the Goat and Compasses pub in old Dalkey?

Quote:
It started with two old codgers named O'Brian and Nolan discussing the weather.

"Terrible rain and wind for this time of year," O'Brian ventured.

"Ah, faith," Nolan replied, "I do not believe it is this time of year at all, at all."

At this, Murphy spoke up.

"Ah, Jaysus," he said, "I've never seen a boogerin' normal day." He paused to set down his pint, then added thoughtfully, "And I never met a fookin' average man neither"

(About Sean Murphy nothing else appears in the record except a remark gleaned by Prof. LaPuta from one Nora Dolan, a housewife of the vicinity: "Sure, that Murphy lad never did any hard work except for getting up off the floor and navigating himself back onto the bar-stool, after he fell off, and he only did that twice a night.")

http://www.rawilson.com/csicon.html

Ciao T