DIYHiFi.org

For the sake of audio
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm 
Board jester

andreamori wrote:
Obviously, as you are the moderator of this thread (you and Elso, or Elso only, I don't know), you can stop this thread, you can also ban me from this forum..............
Andrea

I am the sole moderator of this forum.
Andrea you just gave me some good suggestions.....

:bye: :bye: :bye:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 pm 
Muriel

Guys,

I don't have a Dog in this pot (it seems to come to mild simmer, the best one to make Dog Soup), but I think we all can learn, well, I hope anyway.

So, someone can pay 100 USD for a Crystal. Well, someone else cannot. Actually I probably can, if I have to, but I don't. I do buy decent Red Wine and Decent New Zealand Italian Style Cheese. I'd rather spend money on that.

If you have too much, consider making a small donation to medicins sans frontiers or spend some time working locally with children in need.

The one who cannot afforf $100 Crystals does interesting stuff with a 0.30 Cent Crystal. To me, I'd probably like to learn that... Of course, I can only speak for myself.

To some their knowledge is like the cup overfilled by the Zen-master, how can we put in something if it already overflows?

Pursuit of excellence is one of things in DIY Audio, trying for Cheap Tricks is another, I do and have done both.

Andrea, I think it pays to think more and post less, plus try to be a little less controversial.

I mean I get banned from Diyaudio.com for misbehaving (like stating facts flatly and insisting people keep it "real"), but here we are band of misfits, who rather cantankerously debate each other bluntly, than trying to be polite. Court controvery and liek Dr Dre put it so succintly you will find you "Moth....ing Head Ringing"...

I suspect in the debate here you learned much more than over at that other place from Caldoni Pejorative, Villanus Iacobus, Terreo Sonus Islamicus, Silvaticus Britannicus, Frutex and the rest of the Dramatis Personae* over there.

So you must adjust your style to the debate here...

Ciao T

PS, let me give you a parable.

A priest was in charge of the garden within a famous Zen temple. He had been given the job because he loved the flowers, shrubs, and trees.

Next to the temple there was another, smaller temple where there lived a very old Zen master. One day, when the priest was expecting some special guests, he took extra care in tending to the garden. He pulled the weeds, trimmed the shrubs, combed the moss, and spent a long time meticulously raking up and carefully arranging all the dry autumn leaves. As he worked, the old master watched him with interest from across the wall that separated the temples.

When he had finished, the priest stood back to admire his work. "Isn't it beautiful," he called out to the old master. "Yes," replied the old man, "but there is something missing. Help me over this wall and I'll put it right for you."

After hesitating, the priest lifted the old fellow over and set him down. Slowly, the master walked to the tree near the center of the garden, grabbed it by the trunk, and shook it. Leaves showered down all over the garden. "There," said the old man, "you can put me back now."

* PPS, if you need a guide to my latin fun names for "them", that is if they are not immanently obvious, don't ask.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm 
Muriel

Hi,

Kuei Yang Wang wrote:
PS, let me give you a parable.

And let me add one more.

When a grain of sand gets into Pearl Oyster and cannot be expelled, it will continue to irritate the Oyster, causing it to "work" on the grain of sand, enveloping it... When Man find such an Oyster after some good time he takes the irritation, calls it a pearl and prizes it greatly. Yet it is still just an irritating grain of sand at the core...

Ciao T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:47 pm 
Benjamin

Being a malcontent is permissible, as we are all one, to some extent.

Debate.........Socratic dsquabbling, and other forms of cynical interchange are acceptable.

Being a weenie, for the sake of being a weenie, tries all of our nerves.

You see which forum has something to offer, other than folks bowing down to the grandness of your Quixotic ramblings.

You can make the choice, or Elso will do it for you. I no longer have (or should I say "want") that power, because..........well, lots of reasons, but you can bet we will all support him.

I don't mind the worst thread ever, since it is an improvement on where it started. At least some folks seem to have learned something the last day or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:48 pm 
Board jester

yah yah more crap......now from Mr. T.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm 
Benjamin

Kuei Yang Wang wrote:
The one who cannot afford $100 Crystals does interesting stuff with a 0.30 Cent Crystal. To me, I'd probably like to learn that... Of course, I can only speak for myself.

And there is the pearl!

Seriously, wish there were secrets to share. The only "secret" is that I tried every possible trick, other than plunking down $$$.

This is DIY. Building 100s..........yeah, I would make the bosses fork over the $$$.

But, what I did learn, and can share.............I'll recap in the "?" thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 pm 
Benjamin

Elso Kwak wrote:

"I pity the fool."

This is supposed to be the worst thread ever!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 pm 
Admin

Jocko Homo wrote:
Elso Kwak wrote:

"I pity the fool."

This is supposed to be the worst thread ever!

Who started it? :write:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 am 
Cow

Kuei Yang Wang wrote:
If you have too much, consider making a small donation to medicins sans frontiers or spend some time working locally with children in need.

I have not too much like you seem to imagine, anyway I do it regularly, for example Wikipedia and a Thailand's young girl., She can study with my donation and I'm very happy she can do that. As I said, I'm always very glad when I can help someone, even if it was my worst enemy.

Quote:
The one who cannot afforf $100 Crystals does interesting stuff with a 0.30 Cent Crystal. To me, I'd probably like to learn that... Of course, I can only speak for myself.

To some their knowledge is like the cup overfilled by the Zen-master, how can we put in something if it already overflows?

Pursuit of excellence is one of things in DIY Audio, trying for Cheap Tricks is another, I do and have done both.

I'm interesting in both way.

Quote:
Andrea, I think it pays to think more and post less, plus try to be a little less controversial.

I mean I get banned from Diyaudio.com for misbehaving (like stating facts flatly and insisting people keep it "real"), but here we are band of misfits, who rather cantankerously debate each other bluntly, than trying to be polite. Court controvery and liek Dr Dre put it so succintly you will find you "Moth....ing Head Ringing"...

I suspect in the debate here you learned much more than over at that other place from Caldoni Pejorative, Villanus Iacobus, Terreo Sonus Islamicus, Silvaticus Britannicus, Frutex and the rest of the Dramatis Personae* over there.

So you must adjust your style to the debate here...

Maybe I'll post my reply later.

Andrea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:41 am 
Board jester

I am closing this thread. Keep your discussions technical.
:hello:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2