DIYHiFi.org

For the sake of audio
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 am 
Benjamin

And I am really bummed out.

While their passing was not a shock, as they were in failing health, for a long time, it still sucks.

At least their suffering is at an end, and they will never say "shut up, you're being a dick................no, you're being a dick..............you're talking when I am instead of listening, you dick.......shut up!" 3 AM conversations will never be the same.

Maybe I will have more to say, at a later date.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:11 pm 
God

Sympathies Jocko. This always sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 am 
Cow

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 pm 
Goat

Jocko Homo wrote:
"shut up, you're being a dick................no, you're being a dick..............you're talking when I am instead of listening, you dick.......shut up!" 3 AM conversations will never be the same.

Sounds like a friend to be grateful for.
May he rest in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm 
Cow

my condolences

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm 
Goat

Condolences.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 pm 
Benjamin

Official announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/AyreAcoustics/posts/1416954545090385?pnref=story

Quote:
Charles Hansen 1956 - 2017

With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Charles Hansen, founder of Ayre Acoustics, has passed away on November 28th, 2017. Those who knew Charley knew that he was a passionate man who always stood up for what he believed to be right. His family knew him as a loving and dedicated father of his two children. With the passing of Charley, the world has lost one of the most creative and innovative minds in the audio industry and we have lost a good friend.

While we can never replace Charley, his spirit lives on in the team at Ayre. We are dedicated to continuing his mission of creating and manufacturing the best sounding audio equipment in the world. Most importantly, we will be there for our friends, partners, and customers who have supported us over the years. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at any time.

We wish you all the best over the holidays, and please play an album for Charley sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 am 
Sheep

alexandre wrote:
Sounds like a friend to be grateful for.
May he rest in peace.

Nicely put.

My condolences also, Jocko.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:38 pm 
Pig

A long time ago, some guys - they were always guys, it seems - stumbled upon an online forum where DIY Audio topics were discussed. These guys found some common ground in their attitudes toward the engineering and some other things. Yeah, they argued, but who doesn't? These guys were all pretty much interested in learning what they could to advance their understanding of how audio reproduction systems worked. Or didn't work. They shared information for all to see.

Eventually, other attendees at that forum decided that they didn't like what this smaller group had to say. Whether it was because they wanted a simpler view of the world or because they wanted to be at the center of attention of it all, I can't say. But, the larger group eventually either expelled the guys in the smaller group or generally made it such that the smaller group just didn't want to bother. So, the smaller group moved away. They kept in touch in more private ways.

Charley was unique in that he was willing to persevere through the brickbats tossed his way by the unhappy villagers. He was willing to share what he learned. He took a lot of excrement and was also banned by a few forums. Not for being impolite or rude, but for expressing what he knew in the way he knew. Even this week, after his passing, some of these unhappy villagers still are demeaning him. That says a lot more about them than it does about Charley.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about Charley is how he persevered - there's that word again - in his interest in audio, his interest in physics, his interest in the world, and his business even after suffering a really bad accident. Most people would've just rolled over and given up. Not Charley. He kept at it, even though he was pretty much immobile and certainly in a lot of pain.

These kinds of comments can go on for far too long. So, the main thing I want to say is that I am proud to have have known Charley, in the limited way I knew him. He made my life better for having known him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am 
Cow

Sad, so sad.
Answering questions, using just a few words, he was able and glad to send someone in the right direction, here and at that other place. If one was willing and able to listen..to him and to the music.

RIP Charles and condolences to Jocko, and Charlies family and friends.